A steam bath can rejuvenate your skin and your mind!
Does the price of beauty sometimes seem like too much work? All that time spent scrubbing and primping and tweezing, and trying to cover up blemishes and wrinkles sometimes can be, frankly, overwhelming.
If you want to do something good for your skin – and enjoy some restful moments while doing it – consider a steam bath. It’s a great way to open your pores, and get your skin glowing and feeling smooth. A shower does a great job of rinsing off the skin’s surface, but steaming is the only way to deep-clean your pores. The heat causes you to sweat so pores can flush out dead skin cells and other impurities.
Steaming also increases your blood circulation and may enhance collagen production which improves skin’s strength and elasticity. Collagen is critical for skin with few wrinkles. Another way to slow signs of aging is to protect your skin from the elements. Sun damage causes wrinkles, fine lines and excessive dryness. Taking Lyc-O-Mato may offer protection from UVA and UVB rays. Without sun damage it’s easier to maintain gorgeous, supple skin.
Here’s the best way to use a steam room:
- Wash your face before so makeup and other residue on your skin can’t clog pores.
- Tie back your hair to prevent its oils from clogging pores.
- Dress properly since tight clothes may irritate and cause breakouts. A loose towel maximizes steam and it also protects your body from microbes that love growing in damp, dark places. For the same reason, always wear sandals!
- Drink water or the heat may cause dehydration.
- Use an oil-free moisturizer after the steam room to lock in moisture.
- Steam regularly. If you can’t make it to the steam room two to three times a week for 15 minutes, drape a towel over your head and stand over a pot of boiling water – obviously this will only cleanse your face.
If it seems burdensome to add another to-do to your beauty routine consider the bonus health benefits you may feel. Steaming is said to lessen sinus congestion, improve your immune system, relieve joint and muscle pain, and increase blood circulation. Be careful if you have a cardiovascular disease though as your heart may work too hard.
Steaming is a great way to cleanse and rejuvenate your skin. You’ll look pretty and feel more relaxed. After all, stress often sabotages your skin!
There is no related post.